Expansion of Maasgeul
1. Dredging operations to widen the Maasgeul will be taking place in the Maas precautionary area from 16 April 2012 to July 2012.
2. The Maasgeul will be widened by 245 metres on the north side, from the port piers to 7 km seawards.
3. The operations will be carried out using a trailing suction hopper dredger. This vessel will display the prescribed marine traffic signals and lighting in accordance with the International Regulations for Preventing Collisions at Sea, provision 27, paragraph d, and will keep a listening watch on the sector channels concerned.
4. Shipping traffic is urgently advised to acquaint itself of the presence of the trailing suction hopper dredger in good time via the sector channels concerned and to adjust its intended route in good time in order to prevent dangerous situations.
5. Information can be obtained from the Hook of Holland Traffic Center, telephone number +31 (0)10 252 2801 or VHF Channel 11.
The ROTTERDAM HARBOUR MASTER
also State Harbour Master, Rotterdam-Rijnmond region
5 April 2012