Restricted passage for shipping
1. In the period from Monday 26 September 2011 until Monday 02 January 2017, a new Botlekbrug will be built alongside the existing Botlekbrug. Once this new bridge has been completed, work will start immediately on the demolition of the “old” Botlekbrug.
2. As a rule, the construction work in question will be carried out on normal working days (Monday to Friday) from 06:00 to 20:00.
3. Restricted passage for shipping will be in effect from time to time throughout the entire period, and a harbour patrol boat and/or other designated and appropriately marked auxiliary vessels will be present for this purpose. Shipping must make allowance for the fact that the presence of working vessels and pontoons will cause the fairway at the Botlekbrug to be narrowed. At the site, shipping will be informed about this by the most efficient means possible.
4. In connection with the narrowing of the fairway just beside the existing Botlekbrug, shipping should pass through very carefully and avoid generating excessive wash and/or water suction which might cause problems.
5. Instructions given by the competent authority and/or from the harbour patrol boat on site must be obeyed directly.
6. Further information can be obtained by contacting:
- Traffic Center Rotterdam, the Traffic Flow Management duty officer,
telephone number +31-(0)10 - 2522601 or VHF channel 11;
- Harbour Coordination Center, the HCC duty officer,
telephone number +31-(0)10 – 252400 or VHF channel 19.
ROTTERDAM HARBOUR MASTER
and State Harbour Master for the Rotterdam–Rijnmond region
31 August 2011