Rotterdam is a port of pioneers. In Rotterdam we are continuously searching for answers as to how we can do things smarter, more efficiently, better and more sustainably, whether this concerns open data, Internet of Things, sustainable energy or exchange of residual products. Innovators are given plenty of space, opportunities and support to succeed in the port of Rotterdam. In short, you do innovation in Rotterdam.
Why innovate in Rotterdam?
- The biggest port in Europe and one of the largest sea ports in the world
- Network of potential clients including in the sectors transport & logistics, chemical & refining industry, energy and offshore & maritime
- Launchlab, start-up accelerator and investment fund for port-related innovations
- Facilities and space to develop and test prototypes
- Innovation ecosystem, supporting innovators in all innovation phases; from ideation, to validation, to prototyping, to scaling
BlockLab celebrates successful first year; developing container logistics pilot project for ABN AMRO, Samsung SDS and the Port of Rotterdam Authority.
Click on the icon in the upper left corner for filter options or click here to open the map in full screen.
Trends and developments in the field of digitisation are changing the environment in which we and our customers operate. The supply chain partners see opportunities in digitisation, with the potential to improve the competitiveness of the port of Rotterdam.
Energy in transition
The Port of Rotterdam Authority is committed to combating climate change and wants to play a leading role in the global energy transition. The reduction of CO2 emissions and efficient use of raw and residual materials are important tasks for the Port Authority.
If you would like to know more about innovation-related opportunities and possibilities in the port of Rotterdam, please contact: