Five oil refineries, more than 45 chemical companies and five vegetable oil refineries contribute to form a strong (petro)chemical cluster in the port of Rotterdam. In the cluster, chemicals, fuels and edible oils and fats are produced on a large scale for use in Europe and for global trade. As Europe’s largest port, the port of Rotterdam offers all the possibilities for transporting chemical feedstock and end products.
- Cluster with five oil refineries and more than 45 chemical companies
- Advanced cluster formation offers attractive benefits
- One of the three largest fuel hubs in the world
- Convenient location for the supply of chemical feedstock and shipment of products
- Possibilities for establishing petrochemical and biobased industries