During the selection days on 18 and 19 February, the candidates were questioned intensively on topics including technology, finance and business development by over 180 mentors and port and innovation experts. The following initiatives were selected:
- Big Yellow Fish Technologies – India
- Eco Wave Power – Israel
- Flower Turbines – United States
- League Geophysics – The Netherlands
- Shipin Systems – United States
- sHYp – United States
- Subsea Mechatronics – Spain
- andSafety – The Netherlands
- Buffalo Automation – United States
- Forward Water Technologies – United States
- Hydromea – Switzerland
- Keyou – Germany
- Lader Tech – United Kingdom
- Planys Tech – India
- Railapp – The Netherlands
- Richtlijn Geodesie – The Netherlands
- Secure System – United States/Germany
- Semiotic Labs – The Netherlands
- Sensar – The Netherlands
- Shipmax – United Kingdom
- Verton Technologies – Australia
And what's next?
In the coming three months, the selected participants will follow a programme in which they obtain support in both developing their product and in enabling the growth of their company. They will be supported in this by mentors from the port business sector. The 14 scale-ups will be offered a specially established Business Fast Track programme. The 21 candidates will present their progress and final results during the closing Shakedown event on 20 June.
PortXL is the world’s first Maritime Port Accelerator and is unique in its kind, with a global network of leading companies and experts. The objective of PortXL is the acceleration of innovative technologies for the maritime, logistics, energy and chemical industry sectors in port regions across the world. In doing so, PortXL activates the largest possible ecosystem to stimulate entrepreneurship for all involved parties. The PortXL ecosystem comprises start-ups and scale-ups, investors and partners, and market leading companies such as Van Oord, Port of Rotterdam, EY, Royal IHC, Mammoet, Vopak, Boskalis, Shell, Rabobank, City of Rotterdam, Rotterdam The Hague Airport, InnovationQuarter and ECE.
Would you like to know more? Visit and follow PortXL on Twitter, LinkedIn and Facebook to stay informed of the start and scale-ups’ progress.