The yearly scouting phase of PortXL – The First World Port Accelerator – is behind us. From September 2017 to January 2018, the acceleration program scouted one-thousand start-ups and scale-ups relevant for the sector. The search is global in order to get the best companies to Rotterdam. 25 promising start-ups and scale-ups were invited to participate in the PortXL Selection Days on 12 and 13 February to earn a spot in the 3-month acceleration program. During the Selection Days, the 25 companies had the opportunity to present themselves before 150+ port and innovation experts. Following the two-day event, the 14 companies that showed the most potential to innovate the port sector were selected on 13 February.
The selected companies
These are the selected companies and the technologies with which they will impact the sectors logistics, maritime and energy:
Maritime & Logistics
- Bunker Connect (www.bunkerconnect.com) - digitalisation bunkering
- DockTech (www.docktech.net) – predictive maintenance
- Explect B.V. (www.explect.com) - digitalisation logistics
- Ionada Incorporated (www.ionada.com) - emission reduction
- Marine Bubble Flow B.V. (no website) – fuel reduction
- Shipskart Marine Private Ltd. (www.shipskart.com) - digitalisation logistics
- The Big Smile (no website) – cargo efficiency
- WhaleWashing (www.whalewashing.com) - (predictive) maintenance
- BDB Greenpower (www.bdbgreenpower.nl) – sustainable energy
- Ondavia, Inc. (www.ondavia.com) - SQHE (Safety, Quality, Health &
Selected and then?
The companies will participate in the PortXL 2018 program, which starts in Rotterdam on March 12. They will be supported for three months to accelerate their technology to the market and find a first or second customer. On 14 June, the companies will show their progress during the closing event Shakedown.
Rotterdam aims to be the world's smartest port. To maintain our leading position, we need to keep on innovating. Innovation is a crucial means of realising the envisaged changes in energy transition and digitisation in the port of Rotterdam.
Would you like to be informed automatically about the developments in the port?
Subscribe to our newsletter.