On Friday, 17 April, starting at 11 a.m., Allard Castelein, the CEO of the Port of Rotterdam Authority, will be discussing the impact of the corona crisis on the port of Rotterdam during a webinar organised by Nieuwsblad Transport.
Besides Allard Castelein, the panel members are Kees Groeneveld (managing director of Euro Nordic and vice chair of the Association of Rotterdam Shipbrokers and Agents), Ben Maelissa (managing director of the Danser Group and Deltalinqs board member) and Roderick de la Houssaye (managing director of NedCargo and chair of Fenex).
Via a real-time video stream, the panel members will be answering important questions like:
• Which forecasts are there for the various freight flows to and from Rotterdam?
• Will the Port of Rotterdam Authority be accommodating clients that have run into problems in any way?
• Which impact has the crisis had on logistics service providers and terminal operators?
• What’s the situation with the port’s hinterland connections?
• How can we jointly ensure that the port remains operational?
Do you have any questions for one or more of the speakers? Feel free to ask them during the webinar via the chat application, or submit your questions in advance via email.
Please note: the working language during the webinar will be Dutch.
Update corona virus
Despite the far-reaching social impact of the coronavirus outbreak (COVID-19), the port of Rotterdam will remain operational. Cargo handling and production will continue unabated. The Harbour Master Division is monitoring safety and public order on the water 24/7. The Port of Rotterdam Authority is carefully complying with the recommendations of national authorities in the field of health and safety, and we have taken steps to safeguard the continuity of business operations.
Would you like to be informed automatically about the developments in the port?
Subscribe to our newsletter.