Each year in July, the Port of Rotterdam Authority publishes its half-year report. The purpose of this report is to inform you of the financial results of the Port Authority in the first six months of the year.
Half Year Report 2020
- Total throughput 218.9 million tonnes (-9.1%).
- Significant reduction in throughput of coal, ores and mineral oil products, small reduction in container throughput, increase in throughput of biomass and LNG.
- Revenue increased 0.7% to € 360.4 million.
- Result on ordinary activities fell 4.8% to € 128.4 million.
- The Port Authority's healthy financial position makes it possible to continue to invest at a high level (gross investments amounted to € 136.4 million), for example in the Theemsweg Route, Container Exchange Route and Maasvlakte Plaza.
- Partly at the request of the central government, the Port Authority has reviewed investment projects that can both make the Netherlands more sustainable and accelerate the recovery of the economy (Starter Motor).