The port of Rotterdam offers a variety of facilities for inland shipping. Read more about the car landing berths, drinking water filling points and shore-based power facilities in the port of Rotterdam.
Car landing berths
Would you like to load or land a car? In the port of Rotterdam, you can do this at the following locations:
- Schaardijk, oeverfrontnummer 115
- Buitenhaven (Vlaardingen), oeverfrontnummer 657
- Maashaven, oeverfrontnummer 1305 en oeverfrontnummer 1371
- Waalhaven, oeverfrontnummer 2243
- 3e Petroleumhaven, oeverfrontnummer 4032
- Botlek, oeverfrontnummer 4210
- Calandkanaal, oeverfrontnummer 5711
- Pionierkade, oeverfrontnummer 6100
- Hartelhaven, oeverfrontnummer 7104
- Pr. Margriethaven, oeverfrontnummer 8362
- Albatroskade, oeverfrontnummer 2604
The locations on the Schaardijk, Waalhaven and Pionierkade are available to ships marked with one blue cone. The locations Hartelhaven, 3rd Petroleumhaven and Calandkanaal are available to ships marked with two blue cones.
Shore-based power in the port of Rotterdam
For inland vessels, shore-based power facilities are available in the port. Do you need electricity at public berths? Then you are required to use the shore-based power cabinets.
Why shore-based power?
To reduce emissions and noise, a generator ban for inland vessels at public berths is in force in the port of Rotterdam. The use of shore-based power is in line with the policy of the city and the port to ensure economic development and quality of life in the area go hand in hand. The use of shore-based power by inland vessels keeps the air cleaner. It ensures lower emissions of nitrogen oxides and particulate matter in the immediate vicinity. It also reduces CO2 emissions. Moreover, the environment does not suffer from the noise of running generators.
Facilities for drinking water intake can be found at the Parksluizen, the Pionierkade and the Schaardijk. For delivery at other berths, please contact the drinking water boat of Evides.