Green Award Discount
Green Award is a certificate that is issued by the independent Green Award Foundation to vessels and shipping companies that have made additional investments in the vessel and crew in order to improve the environmental performance, safety and quality. The Port of Rotterdam Authority rewards vessels that have a Green Award certificate with discounts on the port dues.
Visit the Green Award Foundation to see how you can qualify for a Green Award certificate.
Green Award incentives for ocean shipping
- Discount applies to LNG carriers, chemical/gas tankers and crude oil/product tankers that have been issued a Green Award certificate.
- These vessels are eligible for a 15% discount on the share of outstanding port dues that are calculated on the basis of the sea-going vessels’ gross tonnage.
- This discount is automatically granted if the vessel in question has been certified by Bureau Green Award.
Green Award incentives for inland shipping
- Inland vessels that have been issued a Green Award certificate and have a score of fewer than 400 points for their main engine receive a 15 percent discount on port dues.
- Inland vessels that have been issued a Green Award certificate after 17 June 2014 and have a score of 400 points or higher for their main engines receive a 30 percent discount on port dues.
- Inland vessels that have been issued both a Platina Label and a Green Award Certificate receive a 100 percent discount on port dues.