The Executive Board of the Port of Rotterdam Authority consists of Allard Castelein, Boudewijn Siemons and Vivienne de Leeuw. The members of the Executive Board are jointly responsible for the management of the company, the general state of affairs of the company and the state of affairs of the group companies affiliated with the company. The Executive Board is accountable to the Supervisory Board and the General Meeting of Shareholders of the company.
An enlightened structure regime applies to the Port of Rotterdam Authority, which means among other things that the General Meeting of Shareholders is authorized to appoint and dismiss directors. The Executive Board is in charge of day-to-day management of the Port of Rotterdam Authority.
Appointment and composition
The members of the Executive Board are appointed by the Supervisory Board for a period of four years in the position of director. The Supervisory Board may also suspend or dismiss the members of the Executive Board. The Supervisory Board regularly assesses the performance of the Executive Board.
PRESIDENT & CHIEF EXECUTIVE OFFICER
Allard Castelein is President and Chief Executive Officer of the Port Authority (CEO).
Drs. A.S. (Allard) Castelein
Allard Castelein is President and Chief Executive Officer of the Port Authority (CEO). The commercial departments and staff departments report to the President and Chief Executive Officer.
Year of birth: 1958
Appointed: President and Chief Executive Officer (CEO) of the Port of Rotterdam Authority from 01-01-2014
End of present term: 15-07-2023
Former position: Vice President Environment Royal Dutch Shell
- Member of the Supervisory Board of Rotterdam Partners
- Member of the Executive Board of the Confederation of Netherlands Industry and Employers (VNO-NCW)
- Chairman Board Ronald McDonald Huis Sophia Rotterdam
- Non-executive director Renewi plc.
- Member Supervisory Board International Architecture Biennale Rotterdam (IABR)
- Member of the Sustainable Energy Council World Hydrogen Advisory Board (per February 9th, 2021)
- Member of the Executive Board Economic Board Zuid-Holland (per November 1st, 2021)
CHIEF OPERATING OFFICER
Boudewijn Siemons is Chief Operating Officer (COO) at the Port of Rotterdam Authority.
B. (Boudewijn) Siemons
Boudewijn Siemons is Chief Operating Officer (COO) at the Port of Rotterdam Authority. Boudewijn Siemons manages departments which are responsible for the expansion and maintenance of the port and industrial complex and the Harbour Master’s Division.
Year of birth: 1964
Appointed: Chief Operating Officer (COO) from 01-10-2020
End of present term: 01-10-2024
Former position: President Vopak Americas
- Appointed to the Board of Maritime by Holland (NML) as of 1 November 2020
- Appointed to the Board of NGInfra as of 1 October 2020
- Appointed to the Advisory Board of Deltaport Donatiefonds as of 1 December 2020
CHIEF FINANCIAL OFFICER
Vivienne de Leeuw is Chief Financial Officer (CFO) at the Port of Rotterdam Authority.
Drs. V.D.I.V. (Vivienne) de Leeuw
Vivienne de Leeuw is the Chief Financial Officer (CFO) and responsible for finance, funding, procurement, facilities management, innovation and information management.
Year of birth: 1975
Appointed: Chief Financial Officer (CFO) of the Port of Rotterdam Authority from 01-07-2019
Ens of present term: 01-07-2023
Former position: CFO RTL Nederland
Additional position: Chairman of the Supervisory Board Portbase – since 1 September 2020
The responsibilities of the Executive Board include:
- Development, construction, management and exploitation of the port and industrial area of Rotterdam and promoting the effective, safe and efficient handling of shipping in the port of Rotterdam
- Strategy and policy planning in order to realise objectives
- General state of affairs of the company and results of the company
- Assessment and management of risks connected with the business operations
- Ensuring efficient internal risk management and control systems which are reported on in the annual report
- Organising and preparing the financial reporting process
- Compliance with and enforcement of legislation and regulations
- Observance of the company’s Corporate Governance structure
- Publication of the company’s Corporate Governance structure and any other information of which the Code requires publication via the annual report and on the company’s website
- Preparation of the annual accounts and drawing up the annual and important capital investments of the company
The Executive Board of the Port Authority bears final responsibility for the risk management and control system with which risks are identified, controlled and reported. This system is based on the internationally accepted standards of the Committee of Sponsoring Organizations of the Treadway Commission (COSO). More up-to-date information about risk management at the Port Authority is available in our annual report.