The Executive Board of the Port of Rotterdam Authority consists of Boudewijn Siemons and Vivienne de Leeuw. The members of the Executive Board are jointly responsible for the management of the company, the general state of affairs of the company and the state of affairs of the group companies affiliated with the company. The Executive Board is accountable to the Supervisory Board and the General Meeting of Shareholders of the company.
An enlightened structure regime applies to the Port of Rotterdam Authority, which means among other things that the General Meeting of Shareholders is authorized to appoint and dismiss directors. The Executive Board is in charge of day-to-day management of the Port of Rotterdam Authority.
Appointment and composition
The members of the Executive Board are appointed by the Supervisory Board for a period of four years in the position of director. The Supervisory Board may also suspend or dismiss the members of the Executive Board. The Supervisory Board regularly assesses the performance of the Executive Board.
CEO a.i. & COO
Boudewijn Siemons is Chief Executive Officer (CEO) ad interim & Chief Operating Officer (COO) at the Port of Rotterdam Authority.
B. (Boudewijn) Siemons
The commercial departments and the staff departments report to Boudewijn Siemons as CEO a.i.. The departments responsible for expansion and maintenance of the port industrial complex and the Harbour Master division report to Siemons as COO.
Year of birth: 1964
Appointed: Chief Operating Officer (COO) from 01-10-2020, Chief Executive Officer (CEO) a.i. from 15-07-2023
End of present term: 01-10-2024
Former position: President Vopak Americas
- Member of the Executive Board of VNO-NCW
- Member Advisory Board Deltaport Donation Fund
- Chairman of the Seaports Trade Organisation
- Member of the Board of Top Sector Logistics
- Member Advisory Board Maritime Museum Rotterdam
- Member of the Executive Board Economic Board Zuid-Holland
- Member of the Board of the Netherlands Maritime Land (NML)
- Member of the Board of Next Generation Infrastructures (NGinfra)
- Member of the Board of Netherlands Distribution Country (NDL)
Vivienne de Leeuw is Chief Financial Officer (CFO) at the Port of Rotterdam Authority.
Drs. V.D.I.V. (Vivienne) de Leeuw
Vivienne de Leeuw is the Chief Financial Officer (CFO) and responsible for finance, funding, procurement, facilities management, innovation and digital & IT.
Year of birth: 1975
Appointed: Chief Financial Officer (CFO) from 01-07-2019
Ens of present term: 30-06-2027
Former position: CFO RTL Nederland
- Chairman of the Supervisory Board of Portbase
- Chairman Supervisory Board Rotterdam Festivals
- Chairman of the board of SmartPort
- Chairman of PortXL Foundation Board
The responsibilities of the Executive Board include:
- Development, construction, management and exploitation of the port and industrial area of Rotterdam and promoting the effective, safe and efficient handling of shipping in the port of Rotterdam
- Strategy and policy planning in order to realise objectives
- General state of affairs of the company and results of the company
- Assessment and management of risks connected with the business operations
- Ensuring efficient internal risk management and control systems which are reported on in the annual report
- Organising and preparing the financial reporting process
- Compliance with and enforcement of legislation and regulations
- Observance of the company’s Corporate Governance structure
- Publication of the company’s Corporate Governance structure and any other information of which the Code requires publication via the annual report and on the company’s website
- Preparation of the annual accounts and drawing up the annual and important capital investments of the company
The Executive Board of the Port Authority bears final responsibility for the risk management and control system with which risks are identified, controlled and reported. This system is based on the internationally accepted standards of the Committee of Sponsoring Organizations of the Treadway Commission (COSO). More up-to-date information about risk management at the Port Authority is available in our annual report.